Dont Delay – Connect Today
More than 40 % of Kenyan patients suffer with symptoms of Arthritis before being seen by a rheumatologist 50% of Kenyans take time off from work due to rheumatoid arthritis
Source: Genga EK et al. Audit on the management of early rheumatoid arthritis in Nairobi. Afr J Rheumatol 2020; Vol 8(1): 22-25.
Majority of the studies in Africa found that it took the patients about 3-4 years before the diagnosis of gout was made
Research has found that emergence of gout in Africa is driven by
- Adoption of Western lifestyle in the African continent
- rising numbers of obesity, hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia and chronic kidney disease
Gout is more than joints, it’s can cause death through
- heart attacks
- Kidney disease
Get checked for Gout today
Source: Genga EK et al. Defining gout and hyperuricemia in sub-Saharan Africa: a review. Afr J Rheumatol 2019; 7(1);11-13
Do you have back pain?
What are the red flags that require urgent review by the rheumatologist?
- Night pain and weight loss
- Back pain with fever, chills and sweats
- Acute bony tenderness
- Morning stiffness of >30 minutes in a young adult (below 45 years)
- Back pain associated with Bladder / bowel dysfunction
- Neurological symptoms- numbness, burning sensation, pins and needles over legs
- Age <20 and >50 years of age
Are there exercises I can do for my painful back?
This should only done with advise and consultation with your doctor and physiotherapist
I have neck pain, are there some exercises I can do to ease the pain…
My knee hurts, can I do some exercises to ease the pain…
I am an active athlete and exercise regularly, how can I reduce muscle and joint soreness
- Proper stretching before and after exercise
- Warm the body before starting exercise
- Adequate hydration with water, isotonic sports drinks